We work with land promoters and developers at all stages of the development planning process:
- From the promotion of sites through the Local Plan process to the development of detailed master plans and planning applications.
- Following consent of planning permission we also assist in the detailed design of both on-site and off-site highway works, providing a complete ‘in house’ Transport Planning service for our clients.
Providing Cost Effective Technical Expertise
At Cotswold Transport Planning we not only pride ourselves on our technical expertise in helping to deliver development schemes but, crucially, in our ability to work with land promoters and developers in developing cost effective solutions at every stage. We are proactive throughout the design process and try to add value whenever we can, always striving to maximise the developments’ potential to ensure viability as well as returns for our clients. This keen eye for detail and acumen is testament to the repeat business, year on year, we receive from clients, and ultimately the trust they place in us.
Typically, land promoters and developers require the following through the various stages of the development planning process:
- Site Access and Feasibility Design – We identify, justify and agree ‘safe and suitable’ access to unlock development sites. This reflects not just access for vehicles, but also for non-motorised road users (pedestrians & cyclists), public transport, and particularly for mobility-impaired and vulnerable road users.
- Transport Assessment – This is a detailed report required required for all planning applications where the associated development is anticipated as having the potential to cause a significant impact on the highway network. Transport Assessments typically require complex investigations of site accessibility and the promotion of sustainable travel, detailed analysis of highway safety and advanced traffic generation and distribution assessments culminating in junction and network capacity modelling.
- Transport Statement – Major development proposals which do not require a full Transport Assessment are still often required to provide a Transport Statement report summarising the key highway-related components of the development, and providing any necessary evidence requested by the highway authority in order to justify the location, design or impact of the scheme.
- Travel Plan – This is a package of actions to encourage safe, healthy and sustainable travel options. By reducing car travel, Travel Plans can improve health and wellbeing, free up car parking space, and make a positive contribution to the local area and the environment.
Cotswold Transport Planning were pleased to be part of the design team that gained planning approval for the expansion of The Cotswold School to include a new English block and an extension to the sports and science department.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were appointed to prepare the necessary Transport Reports to support a planning application for a mixed-use commercial development at the former Richard Read depot, Longhope.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were part of the design team that gained planning approval for a Primary Care Hub in Gloucester City Centre.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were part of the design team that gained planning approval for the expansion of Winchcombe School and a new sports hall.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were an integral part of the design team that gained unanimous planning approval for a new Secondary School located at Farm Lane/Kidnappers Lane in Cheltenham.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning (CTP) produced a Technical Note in support of whether prior approval was required for a proposed change of use at Timbercombe House, Charlton Kings Business Park, Cheltenham. The report addressed all issues raised by the Local Highway Authority and resulted in the scheme - which entailed change of use from offices (B1(a)) to residential dwellings - being accepted without any prior approval, thus providing additional residential accommodation to a desirable suburban area on the outskirts of Cheltenham town centre.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning has carried out the first year of measures and monitoring for a development located in Long Hanborough, Oxfordshire. The work undertaken accounts for one year of a five-year Travel Plan.Continue reading
Planning Permission Granted at Rosemaund Farm, Herefordshire – The Home of Chase Distillery and Chase Farm
Cotswold Transport Planning were appointed to support an application to regularise existing operations and associated HGV movements at Rosemaund Farm, Preston Wynne, Herefordshire in the form of obtaining retrospective planning permission.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning provided transport planning inputs on two Gloucester City Homes sites on Oakleaze and Meadowleaze in Longlevens, Gloucester.Continue reading