We work with land promoters and developers at all stages of the development planning process:
- From the promotion of sites through the Local Plan process to the development of detailed master plans and planning applications.
- Following consent of planning permission we also assist in the detailed design of both on-site and off-site highway works, providing a complete ‘in house’ Transport Planning service for our clients.
Providing Cost Effective Technical Expertise
At Cotswold Transport Planning we not only pride ourselves on our technical expertise in helping to deliver development schemes but, crucially, in our ability to work with land promoters and developers in developing cost effective solutions at every stage. We are proactive throughout the design process and try to add value whenever we can, always striving to maximise the developments’ potential to ensure viability as well as returns for our clients. This keen eye for detail and acumen is testament to the repeat business, year on year, we receive from clients, and ultimately the trust they place in us.
Typically, land promoters and developers require the following through the various stages of the development planning process:
- Site Access and Feasibility Design – We identify, justify and agree ‘safe and suitable’ access to unlock development sites. This reflects not just access for vehicles, but also for non-motorised road users (pedestrians & cyclists), public transport, and particularly for mobility-impaired and vulnerable road users.
- Transport Assessment – This is a detailed report required required for all planning applications where the associated development is anticipated as having the potential to cause a significant impact on the highway network. Transport Assessments typically require complex investigations of site accessibility and the promotion of sustainable travel, detailed analysis of highway safety and advanced traffic generation and distribution assessments culminating in junction and network capacity modelling.
- Transport Statement – Major development proposals which do not require a full Transport Assessment are still often required to provide a Transport Statement report summarising the key highway-related components of the development, and providing any necessary evidence requested by the highway authority in order to justify the location, design or impact of the scheme.
- Travel Plan – This is a package of actions to encourage safe, healthy and sustainable travel options. By reducing car travel, Travel Plans can improve health and wellbeing, free up car parking space, and make a positive contribution to the local area and the environment.
Cotswold Transport Planning were appointed to provide transportation inputs and advice for the expansion of Shurdington CE Primary School.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were appointed to provide the necessary transportation inputs and advice for a residential development in Minsterworth, Gloucestershire.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were appointed to obtain a planning approval in relation to access and highway improvement works at Bourton Industrial Estate in Bourton-on-the-Water.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning provided the necessary transportation inputs and advice in order to achieve technical approval for highway improvement works associated with a residential development of 28 dwellings.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were delighted to be able to assist CALA Homes secure full planning permission for the residential redevelopment of the former Garth Hill Secondary School site to the immediate north of Bracknell Town Centre.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning helped gain planning approval for a small scale residential scheme in Chipping Campden, GloucestershireContinue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were delighted to be part of the team which achieved planning permission for a new gym in Bedminster, BristolContinue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were delighted to be part of the team that gained planning consent for a two residential developments in Engine Common, YateContinue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were delighted to be apart of the team that gained planning permission for the alteration and extension of the site.Continue reading