We work with land promoters and developers at all stages of the development planning process:
- From the promotion of sites through the Local Plan process to the development of detailed master plans and planning applications.
- Following consent of planning permission we also assist in the detailed design of both on-site and off-site highway works, providing a complete ‘in house’ Transport Planning service for our clients.
Providing Cost Effective Technical Expertise
At Cotswold Transport Planning we not only pride ourselves on our technical expertise in helping to deliver development schemes but, crucially, in our ability to work with land promoters and developers in developing cost effective solutions at every stage. We are proactive throughout the design process and try to add value whenever we can, always striving to maximise the developments’ potential to ensure viability as well as returns for our clients. This keen eye for detail and acumen is testament to the repeat business, year on year, we receive from clients, and ultimately the trust they place in us.
Typically, land promoters and developers require the following through the various stages of the development planning process:
- Site Access and Feasibility Design – We identify, justify and agree ‘safe and suitable’ access to unlock development sites. This reflects not just access for vehicles, but also for non-motorised road users (pedestrians & cyclists), public transport, and particularly for mobility-impaired and vulnerable road users.
- Transport Assessment – This is a detailed report required required for all planning applications where the associated development is anticipated as having the potential to cause a significant impact on the highway network. Transport Assessments typically require complex investigations of site accessibility and the promotion of sustainable travel, detailed analysis of highway safety and advanced traffic generation and distribution assessments culminating in junction and network capacity modelling.
- Transport Statement – Major development proposals which do not require a full Transport Assessment are still often required to provide a Transport Statement report summarising the key highway-related components of the development, and providing any necessary evidence requested by the highway authority in order to justify the location, design or impact of the scheme.
- Travel Plan – This is a package of actions to encourage safe, healthy and sustainable travel options. By reducing car travel, Travel Plans can improve health and wellbeing, free up car parking space, and make a positive contribution to the local area and the environment.
Cotswold Transport Planning are delighted to have been part of the design team that gained planning permission for the expansion of Winchcombe Abbey Primary SchoolContinue reading
Planning Approval for a new Social, Emotional and Mental Health School (SEMH) in Brockworth, Gloucestershire.
Cotswold Transport Planning are delighted to have been part of the design team that gained planning permission for a new Social, Emotional and Mental Health School (SEMH) in Brockworth, GloucestershireContinue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were instructed by MADE Architecture to prepare a Transport Assessment and Travel Plan in support of a mixed use planning application for a 2,500 user capacity mosque, 500-pupil capacity Islamic school, 12 residential apartments and a community centre at land to the north of Highgate Road, Birmingham.Continue reading
CTP were instructed to prepare a Full Commercial Travel Plan to discharge a planning condition.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were instructed to assist with the proposed development of three new ‘state of the art’ Grade A offices at Aztec West Business Park.Continue reading
CTP was instructed to provide Transport Planning Inputs for the expansion of Cheltenham College Nursery and Pre-School. In addition to justifying the accessibility / sustainability of Cheltenham College, CTP demonstrated that the forecast parking demand associated with the development proposal could be accommodated safely and suitably on-site. As a result, planning permission for the scheme was obtained.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were pleased to be part of the design team that gained planning approval for the expansion of The Cotswold School to include a new English block and an extension to the sports and science department.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were appointed to prepare the necessary Transport Reports to support a planning application for a mixed-use commercial development at the former Richard Read depot, Longhope.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were part of the design team that gained planning approval for a Primary Care Hub in Gloucester City Centre.Continue reading