We work with land promoters and developers at all stages of the development planning process:
- From the promotion of sites through the Local Plan process to the development of detailed master plans and planning applications.
- Following consent of planning permission we also assist in the detailed design of both on-site and off-site highway works, providing a complete ‘in house’ Transport Planning service for our clients.
Providing Cost Effective Technical Expertise
At Cotswold Transport Planning we not only pride ourselves on our technical expertise in helping to deliver development schemes but, crucially, in our ability to work with land promoters and developers in developing cost effective solutions at every stage. We are proactive throughout the design process and try to add value whenever we can, always striving to maximise the developments’ potential to ensure viability as well as returns for our clients. This keen eye for detail and acumen is testament to the repeat business, year on year, we receive from clients, and ultimately the trust they place in us.
Typically, land promoters and developers require the following through the various stages of the development planning process:
- Site Access and Feasibility Design – We identify, justify and agree ‘safe and suitable’ access to unlock development sites. This reflects not just access for vehicles, but also for non-motorised road users (pedestrians & cyclists), public transport, and particularly for mobility-impaired and vulnerable road users.
- Transport Assessment – This is a detailed report required required for all planning applications where the associated development is anticipated as having the potential to cause a significant impact on the highway network. Transport Assessments typically require complex investigations of site accessibility and the promotion of sustainable travel, detailed analysis of highway safety and advanced traffic generation and distribution assessments culminating in junction and network capacity modelling.
- Transport Statement – Major development proposals which do not require a full Transport Assessment are still often required to provide a Transport Statement report summarising the key highway-related components of the development, and providing any necessary evidence requested by the highway authority in order to justify the location, design or impact of the scheme.
- Travel Plan – This is a package of actions to encourage safe, healthy and sustainable travel options. By reducing car travel, Travel Plans can improve health and wellbeing, free up car parking space, and make a positive contribution to the local area and the environment.
Cotswold Transport Planning has assisted Willis & Co in the successful appeal against the refusal to grant planning permission for a development of 1 dwelling and creation of a new access at Land at 1 Reeves Piece, Bratton.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning are delighted to have assisted Big Yellow Self Storage in obtaining planning permission for a new five-storey self-storage facility with flexible office space at Cumberland Road, Queensbury. CTP supported the planning application by providing input to the development of the site layout including access design and swept path analysis as well as producing a detailed Transport Statement, Travel Plan and Servicing and Refuse Management Plan.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning helped achieve full planning permission for a proposed new truck stop on Broadway Road in Evesham, comprising HGV and car parking, a facilities building, a new vehicular access, and a service yard.Continue reading
Planning Approval for the Expansion of Leckhampton C of E Primary School to Accommodate an Additional Form of Entry
Cotswold Transport Planning are delighted to have been part of the design team that gained planning permission for the expansion of Leckhampton C of E Primary SchoolContinue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning provided Travel Planning inputs to satisfy a condition attached to a planning approval for a new business park in Luton.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were instructed to prepare a Transport Assessment supporting the development of land south of Andlers Ash Road, Liss for 77 dwellings within the South Downs National Park.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were appointed to prepare the necessary design input drawings to overcome a highway objection in relation to a reserved matters planning application for 137 dwellings.Continue reading
Cotswold Trandsport Planning were appointed to the necessary transportation inputs and advice for an outline application for 18,000sqm of employment floor space at the Dean Road Trading Estate, AvonmouthContinue reading