We work with land promoters and developers at all stages of the development planning process:
- From the promotion of sites through the Local Plan process to the development of detailed master plans and planning applications.
- Following consent of planning permission we also assist in the detailed design of both on-site and off-site highway works, providing a complete ‘in house’ Transport Planning service for our clients.
Providing Cost Effective Technical Expertise
At Cotswold Transport Planning we not only pride ourselves on our technical expertise in helping to deliver development schemes but, crucially, in our ability to work with land promoters and developers in developing cost effective solutions at every stage. We are proactive throughout the design process and try to add value whenever we can, always striving to maximise the developments’ potential to ensure viability as well as returns for our clients. This keen eye for detail and acumen is testament to the repeat business, year on year, we receive from clients, and ultimately the trust they place in us.
Typically, land promoters and developers require the following through the various stages of the development planning process:
- Site Access and Feasibility Design – We identify, justify and agree ‘safe and suitable’ access to unlock development sites. This reflects not just access for vehicles, but also for non-motorised road users (pedestrians & cyclists), public transport, and particularly for mobility-impaired and vulnerable road users.
- Transport Assessment – This is a detailed report required required for all planning applications where the associated development is anticipated as having the potential to cause a significant impact on the highway network. Transport Assessments typically require complex investigations of site accessibility and the promotion of sustainable travel, detailed analysis of highway safety and advanced traffic generation and distribution assessments culminating in junction and network capacity modelling.
- Transport Statement – Major development proposals which do not require a full Transport Assessment are still often required to provide a Transport Statement report summarising the key highway-related components of the development, and providing any necessary evidence requested by the highway authority in order to justify the location, design or impact of the scheme.
- Travel Plan – This is a package of actions to encourage safe, healthy and sustainable travel options. By reducing car travel, Travel Plans can improve health and wellbeing, free up car parking space, and make a positive contribution to the local area and the environment.
Cotswold Transport Planning are delighted to have been part of the design team that gained planning permission for the development of 90 dwellings on land to the north of Old Gloucester Road, CheltenhamContinue reading
Planning Permission Granted for a Wickes and Travis Perkins led Trade Park, StainesContinue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning are delighted to have been part of a team that achieved planning permission for an all-weather sports pitch at Wantage Town Football Club and a car and coach parking/turning area at the adjacent Wantage Leisure CentreContinue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning prepared a Transport Statement and Travel Plan in support of an approved planning application for the remodelling/refurbishment of for an additional form of entry at Severn Vale School in Gloucester. Additional a pedestrian only access will be introduced at the school.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning are delighted to have been part of the design team that gained planning permission for the refurbishment and extension of Cleeve School, Bishops CleeveContinue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning are pleased to have been able to help achieve Planning Permission for Chestnuts Nursery on the change of use of a residential site to children’s nursery in Gloucestershire.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning prepared the Sustainable Travel Information Packs for the development. Oxfordshire County Council praised the packs as ‘engaging and will be a very useful and informative document for residents’.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning were appointed to prepare a Transport Statement to support a planning application for an Anaerobic Digestion Plant at Beeley Wood Lane, Sheffield.Continue reading
Cotswold Transport Planning are delighted to have been part of the design team that gained planning permission for the refurbishment and extension of Beaufort Cooperative Academy in Gloucester.Continue reading