We are seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to join the busy and sociable Infrastructure and Flood Risk team in our Cheltenham office. This role would suit someone who is keen to join a company that really puts people and culture at the heart of its business. Our diverse range of projects enable us to provide an excellent variety of engineering experiences, working within a close-knit and highly experienced team. This exposure will enable you to develop your skills and progress your career in a rapidly growing and successful consultancy.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage and deliver Infrastructure design projects with support from the wider team.
- Prepare drainage strategies to support land appraisals and planning applications.
- The preparation of Technical Engineering drawings to support Section Agreements, including S38, S104, S185.
- Drainage design using Microdrainage and similar design packages with consideration to SuDS principles.
- Ground modelling to produce cut and fill outputs and sections for Construction.
- Applying principles, design codes and standards set out in the SuDS Manual, DCG and Building Regulations
- Liaising with stakeholders, external project team members and clients, including representing the company at meetings and public exhibitions etc, both alone and with colleagues
- Assisting senior colleagues and Directors with the day to day running of Company Offices and mentoring junior staff members
- Maintaining good practice such as updating company AutoCAD/drawing standards and staying abreast of design codes/standards
- Assisting with company marketing exercises, such as the on-going development of the website and use of social media.
- Positively representing Cotswold Transport Planning at all times.
- Complying with the company Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Site Visits
A competitive starting salary, excellent benefits, industry leading leave allowance, and job satisfaction come with the territory at Cotswold Transport Planning. This is an exciting opportunity to join the growing team in our Cheltenham HQ and help contribute to the further growth of the business.
Want to know more? Have an informal chat with our Infrastructure Director, Kris Tovey, on 01242 523696.
If you feel you would be suited to this role then please get in touch by emailing your CV and a short covering letter to Kris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter ‘Infrastructure Engineer’ as your email subject.
No agencies/recruitment consultants please.
We are seeking a Graduate Transport Planner / Transport Planner to join the team in Bedford. The ideal candidate will have between 0-3 years’ experience in the development planning field. The post would suit a recent graduate in Geography, civil Engineering or similar or somebody already working within transport planning with up to 3 years experience, ideally in the production of Transport Assessments, Statements and Travel Plans, and with some knowledge of software including AutoCAD and JUNCTIONS.
This post would suit a candidate who is keen to join a company that really puts people at the heart of the business. Working alongside senior colleagues, the successful candidate would be responsible for providing advice to developer clients on projects of varying scale across a range of sectors. The right candidate will quickly establish themselves as a core member of the team and be provided with exposure to a wide range of projects and clients, which will enable them to rapidly develop their skills to progress to a more senior position.
Salary would be dependent on experience, but excellent benefits, leave, and job satisfaction come with the CTP territory. This is an exciting opportunity to join the growing team in Bedford and help contribute to the further growth of the business.
Want to know more? Have an informal chat with Chris or Kevin from the Bedford team on: 01234 836098
If you feel you would be suited to this role then please get in touch by emailing your CV and a short covering letter to either Chris or Kevin at email@example.com
Cotswold Transport Planning is seeking a Highway Design Technician with experience in using AutoCAD and vehicle tracking software to support the Highway Design and Transport Planning teams.
Typical duties will include:
- Using vehicle tracking software to check highway design layouts and identify areas where amendments may be required.
- Producing development access layouts to support inputs at Planning stage following Local Highway Authority, MfS and DMRB design guidance.
- Calculating and drawing visibility splays.
- CAD support for the Engineers on the design of developer led detailed design schemes (S278 and similar).
- Experience and proficiency in the use of AutoCAD or BricsCAD in a Highway Design / Transport Planning environment
- Proficiency in using vehicle tracking software (Autocad Vehicle Tracking or AutoTurn).
- Understanding of, and ability to apply, the design standards relevant to highway design (MfS, DMRB and Local Highway Authority design guides).
- Ability to work with minimal, and potentially remote, supervision.
- Ability to prioritise workload to deliver a high-quality product whilst meeting our Clients’ timescales.
- Suitable qualifications in CAD and / or Civil Engineering (e.g. BTEC, NVQ)
- Experience of using 3D design software (Civils 3D or Site 3D)
- Experience of using sign design software (PDS Sign or similar)
With offices in Bristol, Cheltenham and Bedford, Cotswold Transport Planning can offer flexibility on location and will also consider part-time hours if requested. A competitive starting salary, excellent benefits, industry leading leave (up to 30 days plus bank holidays), and job satisfaction come with the CTP territory. This is an exciting opportunity to join the growing team in a company that really puts people and culture at its heart.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please send a copy of your CV and a covering email, plus details of your salary expectations, to:
Strictly No Agencies / Recruitment Consultants
How to apply
We are always on the look out for talented professionals. If you feel you would be suited to a role at Cotswold Transport Planning and would like to tell us why, then please submit your C.V and a short covering letter to us via email.